Class of 2014 here is a copy of your commencement address. Print it and keep it with your keep sakes from South Cobb HIgh school. I 'm proud of each of you! Its YOUR TIME! MAKE It Count:
To our visitors, honored guests, faculty, friends, and to the class of 2014.
Class of 2014 it has taken a long time to arrive at this point--12 years, 4,380 days. 105,120 hours, 6,307,200 minutes to be precise.
Time is a funny thing. When you start a journey it seems as if you have all the time in the world. While you’re in the middle of the journey you waste ,rush, hurry your time away. But when you stand at the end of your journey …you wonder where the time has gone.
If you don’t believe me ask the people in this room. 12 years ago your graduation seemed such a far away thing and now that we are here… we wonder where has the time gone?
Unlike the Rolling Stones song… Time is never on our side. The sands of time are constantly slipping away . With each passing moment … young becomes old and old become older and older become more classic.
“We do not have eternity to realize our dreams. We only have right now.” Each of us have a finite amount of time to spend in this world. It does not matter the amount of time you have. What matters is the life that you live. What matters is the difference you make in the life of someone else. What matters is the legacy you leave behind . What matters is the reputation you make. What matters is the character you show. What matters is what you do with the time that you have… Make it count. Don’t waste your time
- Don’t waste your time On Facebook friends and twitter feuds.
- Doing it for the Vine. Instagram-ing your life and privacy away.
- Don’t waste your time living up to an online reputation while you have no real world connections or real life skills.
- Don’t waste your time On get rich quick and fast money schemes. What is quickly found is quickly lost. What is easily gained is easily lost.
- Don’t waste your time With drugs. They will rob you of your ambition.
- Don’t waste your time sitting in prison … a physically one or a mental one.
- Don’t waste your time On small people with small ideas who deal in small things and talk small talk… because they will try to make you small too.
- Don’t waste your time On people who don’t add value on your life.
- On People who don’t value their own life because they definitely will not care about yours.
- Don’t waste your time On running from your problems because in the end you will always have to face them any way.
- Don’t waste your time On making excuses, accepting excuses, or giving excuses. Because Excuses are the tools of the incompetent. They build moments to nothingness and bridges to nowhere and those who use them are seldom successful at anything.
Realize that There is always time
- There is always time To be better and to do better
- There is always time to listen to your elders to gain wisdom & understanding.
- There is always time To share a kind word or encouragement with someone who is down. Because the time will come when you will be down too.
- There is always time to do the right thing and not the popular thing.
- There is always time to make your mother proud.
- There is always time To forgive others and sometimes to forgive yourself. Hate is a waste of time.
- There is always time to start over and do something right.
- There is always time to do it right the first time.
- There is always time to realize that If you want a legacy that lives forever and stands the test of time, you must give your time to the world and hold nothing back.
To my Young Ladies There is always time: To be a lady. To protect your reputation. There is always time to wait for him to put a ring on it first. To make your own money. To NOT post that photo. For your education. There is always time to know your worth and to demand your respect. There is always time to To pursue your passions.
To my young Men There is always time: To respect Women. To pull up your pants. To take care of your responsibilities. There is always time to For your education. To be a Gentleman. There is always time to raise your kids. To control your emotions. There is always time to stand up and be a man.
Class of 2014 The clock on the rest of your life starts now! Your Test of time starts right now. You do not need a scantron. You do not need a Number 2 pencil. All that you need is to understand this:To everything there is a season . A time to be born, a time to die.
A time to plant, a time to reap.
A time to laugh, a time to weep.
a time to every purpose under heaven.
AND CLASS 0f 2014 NOW … RIGHT NOW …IS YOUR TIME!!!
It has indeed been my Honor and I am very Proud to have been your Principal but our time together has come to an end. Whenever you find yourself in doubt take the time to Remember Eagles Class of 2014: You are not what people say. You are not what people may think. You are better than they could ever imagine. You are forever South Cobb!